Friday, February 26, 2010

First Post!

So I gave in and created a blog. Hopefully I will actually keep up with it and, hopefully, someone out there will actually read it.
Right now, Evan is down for his nap and I am still in my pajamas. This weekend is our weekend with Kristina, my step-daughter. It is also the first weekend that we are trying to have her sleep in her own bed in her own room. She is four-years-old and we think it is about time she stops sleeping with us. Up until now when she stays over she is awake until 10:00pm (or even later) because she wont go to bed unless she is in bed with us watching Nick Jr. It just isn't healthy for her to stay up that late and its uncomfortable for all of us. I finally put my foot down with my husband and said "This has to stop and we need to try to fix it". It wont be fair in a few months when Evan wants to sleep with us too and we tell him "No." I refuse to have two kids in my bed this summer!
Although I am happy to have our bed back, I am not looking forward to the ordeal that will come with getting her to sleep in her own bedroom. She is definitely one for throwing tantrums (as most kids do). I am truly hoping that when I get home from work tomorrow night and she has to go to bed that maybe, just maybe, she will behave and not start screaming and crying. Here's to wishful thinking!

-Kimmy

Photo of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment